Saturday, April 9

Day 4: 10 Interesting Facts About Me

Here we go, into Day 4's post. This is such a completely arbitrary list...what I think is interesting isn't necessarily interesting to someone else, after all. However, I'll attempt to make it interesting for others, not myself. Hope it works!



  1. I'm stubborn. Not just a little stubborn; I'm the kind of stubborn that means when I get something in my head, it's going to happen. I don't believe in "luck" (unless by "luck" we mean "working your ass off"), so when I get something - an idea, a goal, etc. - into my head, you can be pretty sure that eventually, it's going to happen.
  2. I have very little patience for "victims" of their own life. As I mentioned above, I don't believe in "luck" - good OR bad. I believe that we all know what's best for ourselves, and that if we listen to the universe and what it's telling us, we'll be happy. This isn't to say I don't believe that bad things happen, or that people bring those things on themselves; that would be completely ludicrous to suggest. The type of "victims" I'm talking about are those who do nothing to help themselves and then lament on how "nothing ever works out" or "if it wasn't for bad luck" they'd have none. Sort yourself out, people. Get it together. Make forward movement - which actually requires TRYING. And on that note, trying something once and failing doesn't mean "it doesn't work" - it simply means you haven't found the right way to MAKE it work. Yet.
  3. I have Imposter Syndrome. Don't know what that is? That's not a bad thing. Basically, somewhere in my head I feel like people are going to "find out" that I don't know what I'm doing or talking about. Logically I know that's not true - I've worked very hard to get to where I am, and I continue to do so. However....Imposter Syndrome has nothing to do with logic. Google it if you're interested.
  4. I used to think I was a "Nurturer" until a very good (and smart) friend said, "Um, no. You're a Fixer." I actually cried, because I knew he was correct. I'm not the person to go to if you want a hug and to be told it'll all be okay; I'm the person who'll listen, hug you, then say, "Okay. Let's fix this!!" 
  5. I collect toys. Mostly Pop! Figures, but also Marvel Select figures. I started this years ago, and at first it was only at work - my cubicle was delightful! - but then when I started working more from home, it sort of became a "thing". Also, little oddities that make my heart happy, such as the ones here: 
  6. I'm very, very close to my family. My mother, one of my Aunts, and my two older sisters are people I cannot possibly imagine my life without - nor would I ever want to. I've been blessed with a life filled with love and support, and without these four women specifically, I'd probably be a much different person.
  7. My closest friends are also like family to me. That will never change.
  8. I know there's something more for me; I just haven't quite figured it out yet. Which is oddly combative with #3, I understand. Having said that...I'm currently trying to figure out what that "more" is, as I know it's time for me to do so.
  9. My Sphynx, Loki Mischief, is my baby. He's wonderful, and I love him. I cannot imagine not having his little bald face wake me up every morning. If you can tell me how this face could be any sweeter, I'd love to hear it, because he just makes me melt: 
  10. I'm engaged to one of the most amazing people I've ever met in my entire life. He's smart, funny, sweet, thoughtful, romantic, a genuinely good-hearted person, and to top it off...his crazy matches mine. I didn't expect him, and there are days when I'm still completely amazed that he exists. He's sort of awesome. :) (Plus, and I know I may be biased here, but whatever, he's super easy on the eyes. :D )
Well, there you go. 10 things about me that I feel are interesting. I hope you enjoyed them!

No comments: