Wednesday, April 20

Day 8: A Book You Loved & One You Didn't

Oooh. This is going to be a difficult post for me! Here we go!


Today's challenge is to tell you about a book I loved, and one I didn't love. There are two reasons this is going to be difficult: I have read a LOT of books I loved, and I haven't read many I didn't. I tend to like each book I read, as I get extremely engrossed in characters, etc. However, for the sake of this challenge, I've given this a LOT of thought, so I've managed to come up with a series, rather than a book.

First, though! Books I've loved, because I can't possibly choose just one:


  1. Charlotte's Web: I've read this more times than I can remember. I may read it again, just because I've thought of it.
  2. The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo - entire series: AMAZING story. I love Lisbeth Salander, and Mikael Blomkvist is fantastic. The last book was great too, which I didn't expect, seeing as how the original author didn't write it.
  3. The Wheel of Time Series: Just putting this down in the list makes me want to add the entire series to my Kobo and start all over again. Rand wasn't even my favourite character in the series, which is the best part!
  4. ANYTHING by Malcolm Gladwell: Literally; anything. The man is amazing.
  5. The Thorn Birds: I read it for the first time when I was a teenager, and I've probably read it another 5-6 times. LOVE the story of Meggie and Ralph. 
  6. The Great Gatsby: Oh, Gatsby....how wonderful you were.


A series I didn't like: The Sookie Stackhouse books. The worst part? I started off really enjoying them. At some point, though, it's like the author just went, "Mehhhh....I don't wanna." and that was basically the end of all things good and fun in the Sookie Stackhouse world.

What about you? What books did you love? Which did you not? Leave a comment!

No comments: